Hello to all…
Eastern Massachusetts ARES will be doing its Simulated Emergency Test (SET) for Saturday 11/12/22 at 1000 AM-1200 PM coincident with the national Winlink exercise. Our scenario will be customized from the ETO National Winlink exercise and the details including an exercise document will be released between 11/1/22-11/5/22 or earlier if time allows. Some of the items we will be looking to do are as follows:
- Using Winlink to send a field situation report on HF/VHF to gather reports of damage and damage to infrastructure including items such as NOAA Weather Radio based on the exercise scenario. Details will be released in the exercise document by early November.
- Voice Activities: When checking into nets, list all NOAA Weather radio stations you can hear. Give Call-Signs and frequencies of the stations heard and your location. List the signal strength of the WX Station and whether you were using indoor or outdoor antennas to monitor – can be done tactically or by NTS – this will be in addition to any other simplex testing that is done as part of the nets
- HF Nets 75m/60m – normally used HF exercise frequencies (Frequencies to be published in early November)
- Echolink 9123 node and MMRA RPTR System – use as normally used in exercises
- Localized 2m repeaters – local call up nets ARES/RACES (Frequencies to be published in early November)
- Simplex nets – simplex call-up nets or have stations do simplex to simplex on a frequency they choose and come back to the main net (optional simplex activities)
- NBEMS activity – Optional
- NTS Operations – Pass an NTS message by voice and have it sent by digital to KD1CY (or local ARES designee, local NTS person or KW1U-Marcia – Section Traffic Manager)
- The WC1MA 53.31 PL 71.9 Hz 6-meter Mount Wachusett Repeater is now back up and running and if we have the coverage, we will look at having a 6m component as part of this exercise both on that repeater and via simplex.
Again, we will have the exercise document and further information on the SET exercise released between 11/1/22-11/5/22 or earlier if time allows. We hope many Eastern Massachusetts ARES members can participate in our SET.
Robert Macedo (KD1CY)
ARES SKYWARN Coordinator
Eastern Massachusetts ARES Section Emergency Coordinator
Home Phone #: (508) 994-1875
Home/Data #: (508) 997-4503
Email Address: email@example.com