The ACC is the primary contact and resource person for each Amateur Radio clubin the section, specializing in motivating, providing assistance and coordinating joint activities of radio clubs. The ACC is appointed by, and reports to, the Section Manager.
Requirement: Full ARRL membership
- Get to know the Amateur Radio clubs’ members and officers person to person in his section. Learn their needs, strengths and interests and work with them to make clubs effective resources in their communities and more enjoyable for their members.
- Encourage affiliated clubs in the section to become more active and, if the club is already healthy and effective, to apply as a Special Service Club (SSC).
- Supply interested clubs with SSC application forms.
- Assist clubs in completing SSC application forms.
- Help clubs establish workable programs to use as SSCs.
- Approve SSC application forms and pass them to the SM.
- Work with other section leadership officials (Section Emergency Coordinator, Public Information Coordinator, Technical Coordinator, State Government Liaison, etc.) to ensure that clubs are involved in the mainstream of ARRL Field Organization activities.
- Encourage new clubs to become ARRL affiliated.
- Ensure that annual reports (updates officers, liaison mailing addresses etc.) are forthcoming from all affiliated clubs.
Recruitment of new hams and ARRL members is an integral part of the job of every ARRL appointee. Appointees should take advantage of every opportunity to recruit a new ham or member to foster growth of Field Organization programs, and our abilities to serve the public.