Brett Smith, AB1RL writes:
Volunteer registration is open for the BAA 10K on Sunday, June 26. The BAA is asking volunteers to register ASAP so event planning and logistics can go smoothly. Please feel free to spread the word with your own clubs and ham friends.
Expect this event to run from approximately 6:00 AM to noon. All you need to help out is a dual band (2m and 70cm) handheld, preferably with a gain antenna. To volunteer for the 10K, sign up with the BAA directly following the instructions below.
- Go to the BAA 10K volunteer site and press the “Volunteer Now” button.
- There are separate buttons for “Returning” and “First Time” Volunteers. If you’ve volunteered at a BAA event before, select “Returning Volunteer.” If you don’t know your BAA Volunteer Loyalty Number, use the button labeled “Retrieve Your Volunteer Loyalty Number” to look it up. If it returns a Volunteer Loyalty Number for you, fill that in where prompted.
If the system does not provide you with a Volunteer Loyalty Number, or if you have not volunteered at a BAA event before, go through the “First Time Volunteers” button on the first page.
- Complete the personal information.
- Group status: Ham volunteers don’t need to join any group. You can answer “No” to both questions.
- Assignment request: Select “Ham Radio” from the top pulldown menu on the page. You are not required to make any selections on the lower menus.
- Complete the remainder of the application and make note of your application acknowledgment number. Seeing a acknowledgment number on the page is your indication that you have successfully completed the online application.
If you have any questions about the event or the sign-up procedure, feel free to get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 466 5915.
Thank you, and 73,
Brett Smith, AB1RL
Public Service Coordinator, Boston Amateur Radio Club