Brett Smith, AB1RL writes:
The National Brain Tumor Society is planning their 2017 Boston fundraising bike ride and they’re looking for amateur radio volunteers. The ride takes place on Sunday, May 21, starting at 7:00 AM from 200 West Street in Waltham. Volunteers will work from until the early afternoon, with lunch provided.
Jim Bradley, KB1JKJ, is organizing the hams for this event. To volunteer, please write him with the following information:
- Your preferred assignment: SAG in your own vehicle; SAG in another person’s vehicle; or rest stop
- Your call sign, full name, and name you prefer on the air
- Your cell phone number, and any other number(s) you like to be reached at
- Your shirt size
- The transmit band(s) of your radio(s), and other equipment you could bring
- Do you have any needs or requests we should consider when making your assignment?
Jim can also answer any questions you have about the event.