Matt Brennan, NM1B, writes on the MMRA Public Service Events List:
We are looking for volunteers for Sunday 9/19 for the Ride to Defeat ALS. This is a low key event with the primary focus being on charity rather than racing. The 70 mile bicycle course begins at the Longfellow Club in Wayland and continues through several towns with rest stops in Hudson, Bolton, Acton, Concord, and Sudbury.
– While the event runs from 6 AM to 2 PM, some stations open as late as 9 AM and some close as early as 11 AM
– Operators working at a course station can report directly to their station
– We will attempt to locate you at a station closer to your home if possible.
– There will be two roving race vehicles that will require a mobile radio
– We will have both 2m and 70cm repeaters linked for this event
If you are able to help, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/WBSrVMNm1FGK
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and 73,