Tony Brock-Fisher, K1KP writes on the YCCC reflector:
The Yankee Clipper Contest Club will host a Contest University and Local Meeting on Monday, November 21 from 6:30-10pm. The location is:
Marlborough Fire Headquarters
215 Maple Street (Route 85)
Marlborough, MA 01752
enter from the side door (signs will be posted)
map at: http://www.marlborough-ma.gov/Gen/MarlboroughMA_WebDocmnts/firedept_directions
‘professors’ K1DG, K1IR, and K1XM will lecture on tips, tricks and techniques to improve your contest score:
- Maximizing score with limited station
- Maximizing score with limited operating time
- Specific strategies for your entry class (SO, Assisted, MS, M2, MM)
- Propagation – what’s expected this year
- Operating tips for running, S&P, DO’s and DON’Ts
- Sleep strategy
This will also serve as a local meeting, so new members can join YCCC.
If you are interested in attending, please send an email to me at president[at]yccc.org
There will probably be a gathering for dinner at a nearby restaurant before hand; details to be announced.
Thanks to Eric, KV1J, SE Mass Area Manager for setting this up!