Christopher Winczewski, K1TAT writes on the Cape Ann ARA mailing list:
We are looking for operators to staff the YMCA Back shore 5 mile, Thursday, May 17th, Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester, 6:30 PM. be on Location by 6:00 PM.
Please let me know if you can staff a communications check-point for the event by Thursday, May15th so I can plan staffing positions for the event.
Please let us know what type of equipment you plan to use. (i.e.: mobile; HT; ¼-wave mag-mount; OEM rubber duck; etc.) so we have a better idea of where to locate you along the event course per the potential of your equipment.
- Race starts on Nautilus Rd near Harbor Rd.
- Nautilus Rd turns into Atlantic Rd.
- Mile marker 1/4 Water Stop is on Atlantic Rd before Eagle Rd.
- Atlantic Rd turns right onto Farrington Ave.
- Mile marker on Farrington Ave before St. Louis Ave.
- Farrington Ave turns right onto Eastern Point Blvd.
- Eastern Point Blvd turns right onto Grapevine Rd.
- Mile marker 3 is on Grapevine Rd near Gilbert Rd.
- Grapevine Rd turns left onto Atlantic Rd.
- Mile marker 4/1 Water Stop is on Atlantic Rd.
- Atlantic Rd continues straight onto Nautilus Rd.
- Race ends on Nautilus Rd near Harbor Rd.
Local EMT crews and ambulances will be available to help ensure everyone enjoys the day and remains safe.
Chris Winczewski, K1TAT