As of noon Friday [October 23, 2020], the KD1D Fox is on the air at a Westford Conservation Trust Site. It will remain there through Monday.
The Site is the Veterans Memorial Complex in the Graniteville section of town. There is an excellent write up of the area at: https://
– The site can be approached from at least two directions. Although one might be tempted to follow a Beacon, greater success may come from finding the Field of Diamonds. You will know you are near the Field when you see many foxes cavorting. Do not be deceived – our Fox is not among them.
– When you come to the table, you will know you are on the right path.
– Like life itself, the trail has several ups and downs. The wise seeker will carry a staff or hiking stick.
– The hunter must traverse a road made difficult by the presence of many fallen ancients.
– Beware the fortress. It is deceitful.
73 de KD1D
One Comment on “KD1D Fox is Out Again at a New Location, October 23, 2020”
Alan Hicks, KD1D, writes on the NE Mass Fox Hunters list at 1:49 PM on October 26, 2020:
The KD1D Fox is back home after a stormy night in the woods. It was dry inside the box and the battery still had a solid 12.2 volts.
The Honor List of Hunters:
1. W1FDR, Bob, on Sat 10/24 at 10:23 EDT.
2. W1MJ, Eliot, on Sat 10/24 at 12:06 EDT. Eliot was assisted by Noah, who is a K9.
3. AG1B, Richard, on Sat 10/24 at 13:30 EDT.
4. KC1DIY, Nick, on Sun 10/24 at 15:04 EDT. Nick noted that it took him 15 minutes and that the clues helped.